…according to Canadian Blood Services,
- Every person’s body contains about five litres of blood (or 10.5 pints)
- There are approximately 450 ml of blood in one unit collected
- About 100,000 new donors are needed every year to meet demand
- Canadians are some of the most loyal donors in the world, donating more than two times per year on average
- It can take eight units a week to help someone battling leukemia
- All it takes is one donation to Give Life
- It can take up to 50 units of blood to save a single car crash victim.
I didn’t know that.
Going into a long weekend, there always seems to be an increase in accidents and the need for blood. There are several blood donor clinics in Waterloo Region. Find the one closest to you by clicking here .
Apex Health Network is here to help those who have been injured in an accident by providing the best rehabilitative services possible with a positive, patient-centred attitude. For some of those, that process begin with receiving blood from a donor like you.